Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
Action Alert from Scouting for All
For Immediate Release and Distribution
October 15, 2005
For further Information Contact
Scott Cozza, Pres. Scouting for All
Call For Speakers for Our Washington, DC Press Conference
Scouting for All is asking for your support. See below.
Steven Cozza, Eagle Scout, inspiration for the Scouting for All movement, will be leading a contingent of Scouting
for All supporters to Washington D. C. to ask President Bush to step down as the Honorary President of the Boy
Scouts of America. Steven says, "If President Bush truly believes "no child left behind" then he
should not represent or endorse in anyway an organization that leaves gay and atheist youth behind by excluding
them, the Boy Scouts of America."
Program of Events
- Press Conference - November 3, Thursday, National Press Club, 529 14th Street, NW; 13th Floor, Washington,
DC, Murrow room, time 9:30 - 11:00 AM
1. We are looking for speakers from PFLAG, GLSEN, HRC, NGLTF, NOW, LGBT leaders and youthfrom the DCarea,
religious and atheist leaders. Each speaker will have 2-3 minutes to speak.Please call or email Scott Cozza
- Protest / Rally - November 3, Thursday, Lafayette Park in front of the
White House, time 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
1. Please join us at the Protest Rally in front of the White House. Let Scott Cozza knowif you'll be
joining us at the Rally.
- We'd like to show the Scout's Honor film the evening ofThursday Nov. 3rd and usetheshowing as a fund-raiser
for a LGBT youth group or any LGBT supportiveorganization or group. We'd have a panel discussion after the film.
Let Scott know if your group might be interested in helping Scouting for All organize this fundraising event.
- Scouting for All is also asking our national and international supporters for financialsupport to help Scouting
for All fund this event.
Please send any donations payable to: Scouting for All and send a note that the donation is for our DC event
Asking Bush to step down as the Honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America. All donations to Scouting for
All is tax deductible. We are a 501c3 charitable nonprofit. Mailing address: Scouting for All, PO Box 2832, Petaluma,