Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
WEB PAGE GATEKEEPER
The Web Page Gatekeeper is the liaison between the Webmaster and the Scouting For All Board. Only a Scouting For
All board member can act in the capacity of Gatekeeper. The position has several job duties/responsibilities:
- The Gatekeeper has direct communication with the Scouting For All Board and Webmaster.
- All articles, letters, documents and any other pertinent information to be posted on the web page must be submitted
by emailed to the Gatekeeper. The Gatekeeper will screen the material and either send it on to the webmaster to
be posted on the Scouting For All web page or will email it back to the sender with questions and or an explanation
why it was not accepted.
- Material for submission for the web page must be Scouting related or issue (gay, girl, atheist) related to
be posted. All articles submitted must have a date, title and source. Letters must have permission from the writer
and a note as to whether real names can be used.
- If a submission is denied and the denial is not accepted by the sender, it should be placed on the Scouting
For All board meeting agenda for further discussion and possible vote.
- The Gatekeeper has the responsibility of making recommendations to the webmaster for the design of the Scouting
For All web page, as approved by the Scouting For All board.
- The Gatekeeper will represent the Scouting For All board with any questions the board may have about the Scouting
For All web page to the webmaster.
- The Gatekeeper will report to the board at each board meeting on the status of the Scouting For All web page
and answer questions.
- The Gatekeeper will have the responsibility of prioritizing submissions for the web page and for any additions
or deletions in the development and design of the Scouting For All web page.
- Major changes in the look and feel or additions of major new areas or features shall be approved in advance
by the Board. The Board shall also have the authority to rescind any decision made regarding the web page.
- The Gatekeeper shall have the authority to delete from the Scouting For All web page anything that the Gatekeeper
may judge to threaten the integrity and or credibility of the organization. The Gatekeeper shall discuss the decision
to delete any material with the person who submitted the material and then bring the issue for a final decision
to the Board.
As written by Scott Cozza, Vice President
As approved by the
Scouting For All Board of Directors on 5-23-99