Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
Scouting for All's Global Essay Contest
2006 1st Place Winner - Category 1 - Age 11-14: Olivia Gray
2006 1st Place Winner - Category 2 - Age 15-18: Curtis Lee
2006 1st Place Winner - Category 1 - Age 11-14: No entries.
2006 1st Place Winner - Category 2 - Age 15-18: No entries.
(ages 12 through 18)
The essay contest will be part of Scouting for All's 2008 Annual Recognition Of Gay And Atheist Scouts And All GLBT Youth Month which occurs every October. Please follow the instructions below.
Write an essay on the following topic:
Ask the Boy Scouts of America to stop excluding gay and atheist youth and adults from the scouting program.
- The essay must be an original work of the entrant.
- The essay must be no longer than 1000 words
- There are 2 categories: Category 1 includes 7th, 8th, and 9th grades. Category 2 includes 10th, 11th, 12th grades.
- For each Category the prize money will be awarded as follows: 1st Place $150., 2nd Place $75. and 3rd Place $50.
- The Scouting for All board of directors will judge each essay based on clarity, thoughtfulness, and uniqueness of ideas.
- The announcement of contestant winners will be made on December 1, 2008 on Scouting for All's web site, www.scoutingforall.org. Winners will be notified and checks will be sent to mailing addresses. Entries must be received no later than October 31, 2008. An essay received after this date will not be judged.
- Sent your essay to:
Attn: Scouting for All Essay Contest
PO Box 2832
Petaluma, CA 94953-2832
- Contestants must include the following information along with their essay
- Name of School
- Email Address f) Mailing Address
- Permission given for Scouting for All to post the essay on the national Scouting for All website, www.scoutingforall.org