Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
GRANT WRITER COORDINATOR
The Grant Writer Coordinator position is twofold: to write grants in an effort to secure funding for Scouting For
All and to solicit volunteers to write grants.
The following are the primary duties and policies of the Grant Writer Coordinator:
- The GWC works closely with the Scouting For All Treasurer to assure that budgets represented in a grant proposal
reflect the official Scouting For All budget.
- The GWC researches which grants may be available to Scouting For All to apply for.
- The GWC works closely with volunteer grant writers. Reviews and Approves all completed volunteer grant applications
before they are submitted.
- The GWC may attend workshops to improve grant writing skills and expand the list of possible financial supporters.
May submit a request to the Board for reimbursement for any workshops that require tuition.
- The GWC should strive for a minimum of 3 grant proposals per fiscal year.
- This may vary according to the availability of volunteers to assist in grant writing.
- The GWC can delegate the above duties as needed
As written by Scott Cozza
As approved by the
Scouting For All Board of Directors on 1-12-01