Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
NATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD COORDINATOR
- The National Advisory Board Coordinator works to build an effective group of national advisory board members
and to maintain contact with them.
- Gathers recommendations from the board for appointment to the National Advisory Board.
- Secures information (and, as appropriate, references) on persons recommended for or volunteering to serve on
the National Advisory Board.
- Requests letters from candidates for the National Advisory Board membership, which letters should include their
support of the aims of Scouting for All and their acceptance of service on the National Advisory Board.
- Presents names of candidates to the board for appointment.
- Keeps the records of the National Advisory Board membership.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator to include the names in the database and in the National Advisory Board
- Maintains contact with all the National Advisory Board members. Acts as a liaison between the Scouting for
All Board of Directors and the National Advisory Board. May send N.A.B. members important questions for their comment,
input, and consultation.
Approved by the board on February 20, 2000
As written by Dave Rice, Board Member