Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
PRESIDENT SCOUTING FOR ALL
The primary job duty of the President of Scouting For All is administrative.
The President acts as the overall administrator of the every operation of the Scouting For All organization.
The position of President is an elected position. The following are the primary duties/responsibilities of the
- The President is expected to offer leadership and direction to Scouting For All in meeting the objectives of
- The President makes sure the every day operations of Scouting For All is running smoothly. He/She does this
by being accessible to and having direct contact with all board members and special project coordinators.
- The President signs all formal correspondence requiring the signature of the President and signs all correspondence
using the title of President,
- The President provides consultation and support to board members and offers solutions to problems that arise.
- The President is expected to counsel any board member who may not be meeting the expectations as a board member
as stated in the Scouting For All document titled, Expectations of the Members of the Scouting For All Board of
Directors as approved on 12-12-99. In this capacity the President, after a vote by the board is expected to inform
a board member of his/her dismissal in writing and by phone.
- The President facilitates board meetings and prepares the agenda. The President may also appointment another
board member to facilitate board meetings and prepare the agenda.
- The President appoints project coordinators, Scouting For All volunteer positions such as Secretary, National
Advisory Board Coordinator, Treasurer, Volunteer Coordinator, Membership Coordinator, Events Coordinator, Grant
Writer Coordinator, Gatekeeper Web Page, Spokesperson(s) for Scouting For All, and the Media/Public Relations Coordinator
as well as committees as authorized by the board.
- The President may delegate administrative duties to the Vice President of Scouting For All.