Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
Board Member Recruiter
for Scouting for All's voting National Board
and National Advisory Board
The Board Member Recruiter is responsible for the following:
- Shall attempt to keep board positions filled as vacancies occur in a timely manner. No more then 90 days shall
lapse before a vacancy is filled.
- Shall seek board members for both the Scouting for All National Board and National Advisory Board. Eleven positions
are held for the National Board and the number of positions for the National Advisory is determined by the National
- Shall endeavor to find qualified and interested candidates, who through their individual qualifications will
contribute to, and advance the goals of Scouting for All, and to faithfully reflect the views, suggestions and
opinions of Scouting for All, in specific tasks that may arise from time to time, dependent upon their specific
skills, interests and abilities, and will endeavor to remain board members for a full term, refer to National Board
- Shall see that the National board maintains a minimum of five members at all times.
- Report regularly to the Board about progress towards finding potential candidates for either the National Board
and or National Advisory Board.
- At all times the National board will:
- Decide if a candidate is qualified.
- Make any necessary exceptions to qualifications.
- Interview candidates and check 3 references
- Be the final approval of all new National Board members as well as National Advisory Board members.
- Shall not impose undue requirements to the recruiter board member, or member candidates.
Approved by the Scouting for All Board April 2003
As prepared by Barry C. Lawrence