Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
- The Regional Director will act as an official spokesperson for Scouting For All within the region, adhering
to the policies established by the Board of Scouting For All . S/he will remain in constant contact with the Board
in order to help establish, maintain and disseminate consistent messages and policies to both the membership as
well as the general public. The Regional Director will respond to all press, media and public inquiries arising
from within the region. The Regional Director will maintain residual authority to deputize an alternate spokesperson
for specific events/locations as necessary, but only with specific approval of the Board.
- The Regional Director will be responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing and execution of all Scouting
For All functions and events which may occur within the region.
- The Regional Director will liaison with other groups and organizations within the region who are allied with
Scouting For All within the Scouting For All Alliance for Human Rights and/or are in accord with the basic goals
and strategies of Scouting For All. Insofar as possible, the Regional Director will represent the Board of Scouting
For All to these groups and organizations at their meetings, events, workshops, conferences and other activities.
- The Regional Director will work closely with Scouting For All members and volunteers to advance the goals of
Scouting For All within the region, and to faithfully reflect the views, suggestions and opinions of Scouting For
All members within that region to the Board of Scouting For All.
- The Regional Director shall provide an advisory resource for local Scouts, Scouters, Scout units, chartered
organizations, and councils within the region, assisting them and strategizing with them about how to deal with
discriminatory practices of the BSA, consistent with the policies and initiatives of Scouting For All.
- The Regional Director will track and manage the membership rolls for people who reside in the region, oversee
the recruitment of new members, and coordinate all volunteer activities within the region, at least until such
time as the Regional Director is able to designate another specific Membership & Volunteer Coordinator to manage
- The Regional Director will monitor the ongoing Scouting For All e-mail stream, and shall respond to those e-mails
specifically arising from within his/her designated region.
- The Regional Director is charged to communicate regularly with the Board via e-mail and telephone, submitting
recommendations for Board action, and keeping the Board fully appraised of issues and developments of particular
interest to Scouting For All within the region. The Regional Director shall submit a report to the Board prior
to each Board meeting which summarizes his/her activities since the previous report and relating matters of interest
within his/her region of specific concern to Scouting For All.
- The Regional Director will meet with the Board in person at least semi-annually to report on the progress of
specific projects, and to discuss strategy, concerns, and other issues. One of the two meetings will be the Board's
annual meeting. Regional Directors will be members ex officio (non-voting) of the Board of Directors.
- Regional Directors may assist the President and/or members of the Board in specific tasks as they may arise
from time to time, dependent upon their specific skills, interests and abilities.