Activist Groups Urge Obama to Reject Boy Scout Honor
From Fox News:
Activist groups, including Scouting for All, urge President Obama not to accept the honorary Presidency of the Boy Scouts of America until they stop discriminating.
Scouting for All is a 100% Volunteer 501-(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization. Every dollar donated goes toward our education and advocacy programs, and is tax deductible.
SCOUTING FOR ALL
- The Treasurer preserves the financial integrity of Scouting for All.
- Keeps the financial records of Scouting for All up to date, according to standard accounting procedures and
financial policies adopted by the board.
- Prepares a monthly financial report to the board.
- Gathers the necessary figures for the board to be able to draw up a budget.
- Receives, deposits, and issues receipts for all funds received by Scouting for All.
- Disburses the funds of Scouting for All when authorized by the board, or when included within the budget. Keeps
copies of invoices and requisitions.
- Prepares and files required reports with governmental agencies and the insurance company.
- Works closely with the Grant Writer to provide financial and budget information.
Approved by the board on February 20, 2000
As written by Dave Rice, Board Member